Are you Looking at crime statistics before relocating or wanting to find safety initiatives nearby? We researched dozens of online safety tools and narrowed them down to these top picks.
1. SpotCrime SpotCrimemaps crimes and delivers crime alerts via email, Facebook, Twitter, and several other platforms. How it works: SpotCrime gathers data from law enforcement agencies, news reports, and user tips to visually represent crime stats. Crimes are represented by icons that make it easy to see what type of activity takes place in your neighborhood. When you click on an icon, you get the crime title, when and where it took place, and a link that directs you to the source where the data came from. The source is usually the law enforcement agency that handled the incident. You can also search SpotCrime by state and follow links to a city’s crime maps, most-wanted page, and daily crime reports. Unique feature: SpotCrime isn’t as robust as some of the other sites on our list, but we appreciate how user friendly and highly visual it is, giving the viewer a quick look at crime in their neighborhood. Plus, it allows users to report a crime or tip anonymously. Cost: SpotCrime is free.
2. The Neighbors App The Neighbors App by Ring is one of the newest neighborhood tools on the scene. Created by Ring the app aims to be an online neighborhood watch program. How it works: You don’t have to be a Ring customer to use the free app. It uses reports by people in your neighborhood and local law enforcement to alert you to suspicious activities and crime events in your area. You can also anonymously contribute your own tips. In addition to its neighborhood safety functions, you can submit or look for information on lost pets. Unique feature: The unique feature for this app is more of a warning. Educate yourself on your privacy rights and Ring’s history with police partnerships before deciding if Neighbors is for you. Ring definitely has its privacy pros and cons to weigh, but its reputation for quality products also precedes it. Cost:The App is Free to use.
3. NeighborhoodScout NeighborhoodScoutprovides crime statistics and other important local data to help you decide if a neighborhood is right for you. How it works: NeighborhoodScout helps you compare neighborhoods based on overall crime rate, violent crime rate, and property crime rate. You can measure your neighborhood rates against those in other cities, as well as the state and national averages. Users can also outline a specific crime search area, whether by the distance around a city or by miles from an address. Plus, NeighborhoodScout can tell you what the chances are of becoming a crime victim in your neighborhood—and compare that with the odds throughout the entire city and state. Unique feature: NeighborhoodScout allows you to create a custom search for your new neighborhood. You simply identify a community that meets your qualifications, and it will find comparable neighborhoods in any state you choose. Cost: While most of the information on NeighborhoodScout is free, the site charges a fee for detailed data and reports.
4. FamilyWatchdog Family Watchdog maps the addresses of registered sex offenders in your neighborhood. How it works: Type a location or address into the website’s search box, and Family Watchdog generates a map pinpointing the address of nearby registered sex offenders. Color-coded icons correspond to various sex crimes, including crimes against children, sexual battery, and rape. Click the icon and you’ll see a picture of the offender, learn their aliases, and find out what sex crime they’ve been convicted of. If you’re looking for a specific individual, you can search for them by name. Unique feature: Through the website, you can sign up for alerts whenever a registered sex offender moves in or out of your neighborhood. In addition to detailed information about offenders, this online tool offers personal safety tips, facts about sexual abuse, and a comprehensive blog and newsletter. Cost: Family Watchdog is a free service, but you’ll be sent off-site to a subscription service if you want detailed background reports about any offenders.
5. AreaVibes AreaVibes helps you find the best place to live based on the factors you deem important. How it works: Enter a state, city, neighborhood, or address into the AreaVibes search box, and the website instantly plots the location on a map and provides you with its livability score between one and 100. The site also maps and ranks nearby areas according to their scores and compares your area’s livability score to state and national averages. AreaVibes also assigns locations a letter grade from F to A+ for each of seven livability factors, one of which is crime. Unique feature: AreaVibes’ custom search function sets it apart from similar tools, allowing you to sort locations by livability factors such as crime, amenities, education, and housing. If crime is most important to you, AreaVibes is a great way to quickly and easily compare the crime activity in several cities at once. It breaks crimes down by type, number of reported incidents, and crimes per 100,000 people. The site also provides statistics about the area’s crime trends and shows how it compares to state and national crime statistics. Cost: AreaVibes is free to use.
brinks home security monthly cost, brinks home security packages, brinks home security deals
Source: FBI Crime Clock
Brinks home security systems prices, brinks home security cost, brinks home security specials, brinks home security discounts, brinks home security deals, brinks home security price, brinks alarm system, brinks home security packages.